About the Trust
As a fairly recently established charitable trust with moderate resources, we are mostly concentrating on benefiting needy individuals. For reference, the following points might be helpful to you:
- Hoping mostly to benefit those between 10 and 18.
- Usual disbursements include payment for instrumental lessons, assistance with choir/orchestra tour fees, music colleges etc
- Scales of assistance vary according to circumstances and requirement. To date distributions have ranged between £100 and £800. We prefer to make payment to teachers/instrument dealers/music colleges direct.
- Grants can be made either as "one offs" or reviewable annually for a specified period of time. Three grants are normally the maximum.
- We ask for two letters of support from the candidate's tutors/teachers as evidence of musical ability and potential together with a brief CV from those over 12. Any further information to corroborate the application is welcomed.
You might find it useful to know that the Trustees meet regularly to consider applications and that all properly completed applications are acknowledged. We are most interested in benefiting those showing promise and commitment in financially difficult circumstances.